Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

CVS Deals Rock!

On Sunday, I went to CVS to get a pack of cigarettes (yeah, yeah, yeah, I know), allergy medicine, and lip balm. As is my ritual, I always scan my ExtraCare card to see what coupon goodies are waiting for me. This time? A coupon for $4 off a purchase of $20 or more and a coupon for $3 off a cosmetics purchase totaling $10 or more. (I also had a coupon for $1 off L'Oreal hair color, but I'm waiting to use that one later.) Since I did need new eyeliner (though my husband might debate that necessity), I decided to use my coupons.

My purchases:
CVS-brand Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride (generic Benadryl): Price $4.69
Camel menthol cigarettes: Price $5.19
Blistex lip balm: Price $1.67
Revlon ColorStay eyeliner: Price $7.79
Revlon ColorStay eyeshadow: Price $7.29

Total: $26.63 plus tax
Coupon total: $7.00
Total Spent: $20.42

I also got $4 in ExtraBucks to be used by July 6, so I suppose I could argue that I truly only paid $16.42 for my loot :)

Yay for CVS!


No comments: